It might not be summer quite yet where you are, but it’s always a good time for popsicles. I wanted to experiment with my favorite Zola acai juice and coconut water. This is what I came up with! A super simple and easy to make popsicle that’s only 4 ingredients. All you need is a blender or food processor to make the base and a mold of choice for freezing. I used this popsicle mold set that also includes sticks. These will also work on a much smaller scale if you only have a ice cube tray to work with.
I love the combination of mango, acai and coconut. It’s like having a little bit of that tropical experience at home. Have fun experimenting with other fruits, maybe even throw in a veggie or two for the kiddos. They’ll never know.
After making these I realized I had to eat 10 pops all by myself. I’m not complaining. I actually got through about half of them and then blended the others back together to make a smoothie. Diluting with a bit more coconut water. Kinda like having those smoothie starters. So that’s an option if you’ve had them on hand for a bit and don’t know what to do. Make a smoothie!
What hot weather treats are you a fan of? I personally like to stay as hydrated as possible. I go through a lot of infused waters and chia drinks. Especially anything watermelon – it’s in season and always super sweet. I’m thinking I might need to work on a couple more popsicle recipes though. Maybe a pudding pop? Let me know what combo you’re interested in seeing and maybe I’ll make it happen this summer. I was always a sucker for the dream pops (vanilla center, orange coating). Those are definitely on my list to recreate this year.
If you give this recipe a try I’d love to see your photos! Be sure to tag me on Instagram @PlantPhilosophy using the hashtag #PlantPhilosophy so I don’t miss it. I get a big kick out of seeing all of your beautiful shots. It seriously makes my day!
4-Ingredient Ombré Mango Chia Popsicles
Yield 10 pops
- 1 1/2 cups Frozen Mango Chunks
- 2 cups Zola Mango & Chia Juice
- 1 cup Zola Coconut Water
- 1 ripe Banana, frozen
- Prep ahead by soaking popsicle sticks in warm water for an hour before making.
- In a high-speed blender, combine mango chunks with coconut water and banana.
- Pour into each mold about 1/3 high.
- Blend remaining mixture with 1/2 cup Zola Mango & Chia Juice.
- Fill each mold another 1/3 high.
- Top off each pop with the remaining Mango & Chia juice. Fill to the top, leaving about 1/4 inch of room to allow for expansion and stick insertion. You can also use a stick to push down on the sides of each pop to slightly blend each layer.
- Add the top to the molds and insert soaked sticks. Pressing about halfway down.
- Freeze for 4-6 hours, or until solid. Overnight is best.
If you're having trouble removing pops from the mold, run a little warm water on them to help release.
Serving Size 1 pop
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 1 g
Sodium 20 mg
Total Carbohydrates 12 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 10 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.