3-Ingredient Vegan Caramel Sauce
- Remove the pit from the dates and soak them in water until softened. You can do this overnight or not at all, depending on the firmness of your dates. The softer they are, the smoother the sauce.
- Measure and blend everything on high for 2-3 minutes, or until smooth. Scraping down the sides as needed. Feel free at add a pinch of salt if desired.
- Transfer to a small pot and cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Turn the heat off and let rest until completely cool, whisking frequently.
- Once cooled to room temperature, transfer to an air-tight container and chill in the fridge for up to a week.
- Serve warm or cold, drizzled over ice cream!
*I used coconut milk from a can, feel free to experiment with other non-dairy milks. I can't recommend anything else from personal experience. If you would like a thinner sauce, add more milk + water.
Courses Dessert, Sauce
Cuisine Gluten-free, Vegan, Dairy-free
Recipe by The Plant Philosophy at https://theplantphilosophy.com/3-ingredient-vegan-caramel-sauce/