Have you ever had leftover rice from takeout the night before and ended up throwing it away? I use to think reheating cooked rice wasn’t worth it, but it’s actually easy to do and you can throw together an entire meal with it in less than 10 minutes. Yup.
So next time you’ve got a couple boxes of rice, throw them in a pan with every vegetable you’ve got in your fridge. Mix in sauce and you’ve got one seriously delicious meal that took zero effort!
10 Minute Stir-Fry
Yield 2 -4 servings
- Heat a large skillet or wok to medium high heat.
- Add in your rice with the water and oil, stir to reheat evenly.
- After about 2 minutes, add in all your veggies and cook till tender - about 6-8 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add in your orange glaze or any sauce you’d like. Tamari, coconut aminos, sweet chili sauce or even teriyaki.
- Toss to evenly coat everything, adding more seasoning or sauce as desired.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with sesame seeds and red pepper flakes.
- Serve warm, with extra sauce if you’re like me - enjoy!
Add in cubed tofu or chickpeas for a protein boost!This works well with virtually any sauce. I highly recommend trying it out with my Spicy Orange Glaze, it's super simple to make and tastes amazing with rice.